Hello fellow snow sports lovers!
We have some important news for you and solid action you can take to protect our environment.
There is a March for Science happening all over the world on Earth Day – April 22nd, 2017. Show your support for scientifially backed policies and march with like-minded people. To find a march near you and for more information, please see the March for Science website, or find an event near you on Facebook. Seattle and Bellingham can be found by clicking on the city above.
Here’s some solid action you can take to make a difference:
- Call Governor Inslee, 360-902-4111; Senator Cantwell, 206-220-6400; and Senator Murray, 202-224-2621 and encourage them to speak out against the Kinder Morgan Transmountain Pipeline. This pipeline would be shipping 595,000 barrels of oil per day through the Salish Sea between Washington & British Columbia. If there were a spill, this would directly affect all coastal Washingtonians. For more information, please visit http://www.standuptooil.org/take-action/
- Call the Mayor of Seattle, Mayor Murray, at 206-684-4000 and leave a message to ask that he directs his appointees to vote yes on fossil fuel divestment. There is a great call script here.
- Urge Senators to cosponsor the Stop the Arctic Ocean Drilling Act. Send your note here.
- The Keystone XL Pipeline is at it again attempting to build. Send the Nebraska Public Service Commissioner a message to Reject Keystone XL here.
- Contact your representative and tell them you support protecting our national parks. Legislation (H.J. Res 46) has been introduced that would strip national parks of their power to control drilling rights. See more information here. Find your representative here.
Thanks for joining us to make a difference!
Stevens Pass Climate Team