We will have a bin at our booth tomorrow for recycling those old skis & snowboards that you’ve been putting off throwing away! Ski Artistry will put them to good use and donate $5 to Protect Our Winters for every item donated.
See you all tomorrow!
Stevens Pass Climate Team
Hello fellow snow sports lovers!
We have some important news for you and solid action you can take to protect our environment.
There is a March for Science happening all over the world on Earth Day – April 22nd, 2017. Show your support for scientifially backed policies and march with like-minded people. To find a march near you and for more information, please see the March for Science website, or find an event near you on Facebook. Seattle and Bellingham can be found by clicking on the city above.
Here’s some solid action you can take to make a difference:
- Call Governor Inslee, 360-902-4111; Senator Cantwell, 206-220-6400; and Senator Murray, 202-224-2621 and encourage them to speak out against the Kinder Morgan Transmountain Pipeline. This pipeline would be shipping 595,000 barrels of oil per day through the Salish Sea between Washington & British Columbia. If there were a spill, this would directly affect all coastal Washingtonians. For more information, please visit http://www.standuptooil.org/take-action/
- Call the Mayor of Seattle, Mayor Murray, at 206-684-4000 and leave a message to ask that he directs his appointees to vote yes on fossil fuel divestment. There is a great call script here.
- Urge Senators to cosponsor the Stop the Arctic Ocean Drilling Act. Send your note here.
- The Keystone XL Pipeline is at it again attempting to build. Send the Nebraska Public Service Commissioner a message to Reject Keystone XL here.
- Contact your representative and tell them you support protecting our national parks. Legislation (H.J. Res 46) has been introduced that would strip national parks of their power to control drilling rights. See more information here. Find your representative here.
Thanks for joining us to make a difference!
Stevens Pass Climate Team
Come out to Springfest at Stevens Pass on Saturday, April 23rd 2017, and visit our booth at the base area to learn how to save our snow for years to come. Connect with like-minded people and see how you can take a stand for Climate Recovery!
What is Climate Recovery? “Climate Recovery” is based on the thesis that not only has mankind been a major contributor to our climate crisis, but we know how to fix it as well! We have the power to bring about an on-going climate recovery which will reduce the the dire consequences science portends for our future.
How do we bring about Climate Recovery? Keep Fossil Fuel In The Ground, and Plant Trees to sequester carbon from the atmosphere. We HAVE the technology to do so… now we need the WILL OF THE PEOPLE to make our leaders follow us. Hope to see you April 9th!